With the holidays fast approaching everybody seems to be making travel plans. Will you be hosting guests this year? If so, here are 7 affordable ways to spruce up your guest room before your friends/family arrive:
- An additional layer: a throw blanket just adds warmth and comfort to a room. Pull one from the hall closet or get one from Target.
- A warming holiday scent: the sense of smell is so powerful and resonates with memory. Have a candle available to light (w/ matches). Yankee Candle Harvest is one of our favorites!
- Recent and/or relevant photos (a major plus!): pull out that photo from last Thanksgiving and have it framed. Or have a chalkboard? Write a sweet little message to your guest – or the wifi password 🙂
- Bathroom necessities: that extra toothbrush, q-tips, cotton balls, floss, hand soap, lotion and readily available fluffy towels are a given.
- Fresh greenery: Have some extra spruce branches? Hang them up! Or grab the succulent from your desk and put it on the nightstand.
6. An extra seat: A place where they can sit and chill or a place for them to lay out clothes, put things down etc. Always nice to give your guest an alternative.
7. Bonus: Keep a tray nearby with bottled water, a drinking glass, mints and maybe a magazine or two. Have an extra charger? Have it handy. If your guest room is upstairs, having easy access to these things is such a treat!